All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical Neuroscience is a book for mathematical biologists seeking to discover the complexities of brain dynamics in an integrative way. It is the first research mograph devoted exclusively to the theory and methods of nlinear analysis of infinite systems based on functional analysis techniques arising in modern mathematics. Neural models that describe the spatio-temporal evolution of coarse-grained variables-such as synaptic or firing rate activity in populations of neurons -and often take the form of integro-differential equations would t rmally reflect an integrative approach. This book examines the solvability of infinite systems of reaction diffusion type equations in partially ordered abstract spaces. It considers various methods and techniques of nlinear analysis, including comparison theorems, motone iterative techniques, a truncation method, and topological fixed point methods. Infinite systems of such equations play a crucial role in the integrative aspects of neuroscience modeling.
- Author BiographyRoman R. Poznanski develops theories in neuroscience with mathematics. He recently co-authored the book, Mathematical Neuroscience. His passion remains to pinpoint and crack open complex problems holding back our understanding of how the brain works. He is adamant, that a new Einstein in neuroscience will one day produce a complete theory of the brain, not as a hodgepodge of models, but as an integrative theory expressed in terms of modern mathematics. He has over 20 years experience as a theoretician and modeller in the neurosciences. He has edited several contemporary books: Biophysical Neural Networks (2001) and Modeling in the Neurosciences (1999, 2005). He is currently a visiting professor at the Rockefeller University.
- Author(s)Roman R. Poznanski,Stanislaw Brzychczy
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.