All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.56
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
About this product
- DescriptionDivided into two volumes, the book begins with a pedagogical presentation of some of the basic theory, with chapters on biochemical reactions, diffusion, excitability, wave propagation and cellular homeostasis. The second, more extensive part discusses particular physiological systems, with chapters on calcium dynamics, bursting oscillations and secretion, cardiac cells, muscles, intercellular communication, the circulatory system, the immune system, wound healing, the respiratory system, the visual system, hormone physiology, renal physiology, digestion, the visual system and hearing. New chapters on Calcium Dynamics, Neuroendocrine Cells and Regulation of Cell Function have been included. Reviews from first edition: Keener and Sneyd's Mathematical Physiology is the first comprehensive text of its kind that deals exclusively with the interplay between mathematics and physiology. Writing a book like this is an audacious act! -Society of Mathematical Biology Keener and Sneyd's is unique in that it attempts to present one of the most important subfields of biology and medicine, physiology, in terms of mathematical language , rather than organizing materials around mathematical methodology. -SIAM review
- Author(s)James P. Keener,James Sneyd
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/09/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number8/1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1063 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.