All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical Statistics for Ecomics and Business, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive introduction to the principles of mathematical statistics which underpin statistical analyses in the fields of ecomics, business, and ecometrics. The selection of topics in this textbook is designed to provide students with a conceptual foundation that will facilitate a substantial understanding of statistical applications in these subjects. This new edition has been updated throughout and w also includes a downloadable Student Answer Manual containing detailed solutions to half of the over 300 end-of-chapter problems. After introducing the concepts of probability, random variables, and probability density functions, the author develops the key concepts of mathematical statistics, most tably: expectation, sampling, asymptotics, and the main families of distributions. The latter half of the book is then devoted to the theories of estimation and hypothesis testing with associated examples and problems that indicate their wide applicability in ecomics and business. Features of the new edition include: a reorganization of topic flow and presentation to facilitate reading and understanding; inclusion of additional topics of relevance to statistics and ecometric applications; a more streamlined and simple-to-understand tation for multiple integration and multiple summation over general sets or vector arguments; updated examples; new end-of-chapter problems; a solution manual for students; a comprehensive answer manual for instructors; and a theorem and definition map. This book has evolved from numerous graduate courses in mathematical statistics and ecometrics taught by the author, and will be ideal for students beginning graduate study as well as for advanced undergraduates.
- Author BiographyRon Mittelhammer is a Regents Professor of Economic Sciences and Statistics at Washington State University. He is also a Fellow of the Journal of Econometrics, a Fellow of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA), and a Distinguished Scholar of the Western Ag. Economics Association. He has over 250 publications and presentations to his credit, including 100 refereed journal publications. He is a celebrated teacher at the graduate level, receiving national and university-wide awards for instruction, including the AAEA Award for Distinguished Graduate Teaching, the Washington State University Sahlin Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching, and the WSU-CAHNRS Teaching Excellence Award. He served as President-Elect, President, and Past-President of the AAEA from 2008-2011.
- Author(s)Ron C. Mittelhammer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight2146 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.