Mathematical Statistics with Applications by Chris P. Tsokos, Kandethody M. Ramachandran (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $207.28+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical Statistics with Applications provides a calculus-based theoretical introduction to mathematical statistics while emphasizing interdisciplinary applications as well as exposure to modern statistical computational and simulation concepts that are t covered in other textbooks. Includes the Jackknife, Bootstrap methods, the EM algorithms and Markov chain Monte Carlo methods. Prior probability or statistics kwledge is t required.
- Author BiographyChris P. Tsokos is Distinguished University Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of South Florida. Dr. Tsokos' research has extended into a variety of areas, including stochastic systems, statistical models, reliability analysis, ecological systems, operations research, time series, Bayesian analysis, and mathematical and statistical modelling of global warming, both parametric and nonparametric survival analysis, among others. He is the author of more than 300 research publications in these areas, including Random Integral Equations with Applications to Life Sciences and Engineering, Probability Distribution: An Introduction to Probability Theory with Applications, Mainstreams of Finite Mathematics with Applications, Probability with the Essential Analysis, Applied Probability Bayesian Statistical Methods with Applications to Reliability, and Mathematical Statistics with Applications, among others. Dr. Tsokos is the recipient of many distinguished awards and honors, including Fellow of the American Statistical Association, USF Distinguished Scholar Award, Sigma Xi Outstanding Research Award, USF Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, USF Professional Excellence Award, URI Alumni Excellence Award in Science and Technology, Pi Mu Epsilon, election to the International Statistical Institute, Sigma Pi Sigma, USF Teaching Incentive Program, and several humanitarian and philanthropic recognitions and awards. He is also a member of several academic and professional societies, and serves as Honorary Editor, Chief-Editor, Editor or Associate Editor for more than twelve academic research journals.
- Author(s)Chris P. Tsokos,Kandethody M. Ramachandran
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Out-of-print date08/04/2016
- Weight2060 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.