All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical modeling is critical to our understanding of how infectious diseases spread at the individual and population levels. This book gives readers the necessary skills to correctly formulate and analyze mathematical models in infectious disease epidemiology, and is the first treatment of the subject to integrate deterministic and stochastic models and methods. Mathematical Tools for Understanding Infectious Disease Dynamics fully explains how to translate biological assumptions into mathematics to construct useful and consistent models, and how to use the biological interpretation and mathematical reasoning to analyze these models. It shows how to relate models to data through statistical inference, and how to gain important insights into infectious disease dynamics by translating mathematical results back to biology. This comprehensive and accessible book also features numerous detailed exercises throughout; full elaborations to all exercises are provided. It covers the latest research in mathematical modeling of infectious disease epidemiology. It integrates deterministic and stochastic approaches. It teaches skills in model construction, analysis, inference, and interpretation. It features numerous exercises and their detailed elaborations. It is motivated by real-world applications throughout.
- Author BiographyOdo Diekmann is professor of mathematical analysis at Utrecht University. Hans Heesterbeek is professor of theoretical epidemiology at Utrecht University. Tom Britton is professor of mathematical statistics at Stockholm University.
- Author(s)Hans Heesterbeek,Odo Diekmann,Tom Britton
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitlePrinceton Series in Theoretical and Computational Biology
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note53 line illus. 1 table.
- Weight1228 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.