All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe papers presented in this volume are all very welcome because they challenge accepted wisdoms about both the nature of mathematics and of education. They bring to bear on this intersection a postmodern sensibility which engages with the grand narratives of mathematics education. It is a groundbreaking volume in which each of the chapters develops for mathematics education the importance of insights from mainly French intellectuals of the past: Foucault, Lacan, Lyotard, Deleuze. The chapters address issues relevant to mathematics education, t from the discipline's familiar viewpoints, but towards theory development for mathematics education in contemporary society. What is particularly important is the way in which their analyses of the discursive practices that make up mathematics education allow us to think differently about researching and teaching mathematics.
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives on Mathematics Education S.
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byMargaret Walshaw
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.