All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $22.08
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionOwing to the advent of computers, experiments are becoming an increasingly important part of mathematics. This book provides guidance to students doing experiments in mathematics. The aim is to stimulate interest in mathematics through examples and experiments.Each experiment in the book starts with an interesting problem. The students are expected to work with these problems on computers, try to find the solutions themselves, and experience the scientific exploration in the process.The problems which the authors have chosen cover a wide spectrum in mathematics, ranging from calculus, number theory, coding and probability to geometry and chaos. They are introduced in a simple way and yet show great depth. The discussions are thorough but t lengthy.This book is useful t only to mathematics students, but also to students in all areas of sciences who are interested in learning some of the mathematical tools. It provides a hands-on approach to the most fundamental issues in mathematics - an approach which may help to revolutionize the teaching of mathematics.
- Author(s)Jiansong Deng,Shangzhi Li,Yaohua Wu
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight331 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.