Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionMATHEMATICS: ITS POWER AND UTILITY, Tenth Edition, combines a unique and practical focus on real-world problem solving allowing even the least-interested or worst-prepared student to appreciate the beauty and value of math while mastering basic concepts and skills they will apply to their daily lives. The first half of the book explores the POWER and historic impact of mathematics and helps students harness that POWER by developing an effective approach to problem solving. The second half builds upon this foundation by exploring the UTLITY and application of math concepts to a wide variety of real-life situations: money management; handling of credit cards; inflation; purchase of a car or home; the effective use of probability, statistics, and surveys; and many other topics of life interest. Unlike many mathematics texts, MATHEMATICS: ITS POWER AND UTILITY, Tenth Edition, assumes a basic working kwledge of arithmetic, making it effective even for students with exposure to algebra. Completely self-contained chapters make it easy to teach to a customized syllabus or support the precise pace and emphasis that students require.
- Author BiographyKarl Smith is professor emeritus at Santa Rosa Junior College in Santa Rosa, California. He has written over 36 mathematics textbooks and believes that students can learn mathematics if it is presented to them through the use of concrete examples designed to develop original thinking, abstraction, and problem-solving skills. Over one million students have learned mathematics from Karl Smith's textbooks.
- Author(s)Karl Smith
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Notecolour tables, diagrams, figures
- Weight1316 g
- Width222 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement10th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.