All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionTo properly operate a waterworks or wastewater treatment plant and to pass the examination for a waterworks/wastewater operator's license, it is necessary to kw how to perform certain calculations. All operators, at all levels of licensure, need a basic understanding of arithmetic and problem-solving techniques to solve the problems they typically encounter in the workplace. Hailed on its first publication as a masterly account written in an engaging, highly readable, user-friendly style, the Mathematics Manual for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators, Second Edition has been expanded and divided into three specialized texts that contain hundreds of worked examples presented in a step-by-step format. They are ideal for all levels of water treatment operators in training and practitioners studying for advanced licensure. In addition, they provide a handy desk reference and handheld guide for daily use in making operational math computations. This second volume, Water Treatment Operations: Math Concepts and Calculations, covers computations commonly used in water treatment with applied math problems specific to waterworks operations, allowing operators of specific unit processes to focus on their area of specialty. It explains calculations for pumping, water source and storage, coagulation and flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, chlorination, fluoridation, and water softening. The text presents math operations that progressively advance to higher, more practical applications of mathematical calculations, including math operations that operators at the highest level of licensure would be expected to kw and perform. To ensure correlation to modern practice and design, this volume provides illustrative problems for commonly used waterworks treatment operations found in today's treatment facilities.
- Author BiographyFrank R. Spellman, PhD, is a retired assistant professor of environmental health at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, and the author of more than 90 books covering topics ranging from concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) to all areas of environmental science and occupational health. He consults on homeland security vulnerability assessments for critical infrastructures, including water/wastewater facilities, and conducts audits for Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency inspections throughout the country. Dr. Spellman lectures on sewage treatment, water treatment, and homeland security, as well as on safety topics, throughout the country and teaches water/wastewater operator short courses at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.
- Author(s)Frank R. Spellman
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.