Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionMathematics and science are key areas of kwledge for the development of individuals and for the social and ecomic development of South Africa. In November 2002, about 9000 Grade 8 learners from South African public schools participated in the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS). This mograph reports on South Africa's performance in TIMSS in relation to the other 50 countries. In addition, the report describes the performance of different groups of learners in South Africa and provides contextual information about, teachers, schools and the curriculum. The report concludes with recommendations for strategic interventions that could contribute to improved performance in mathematics and science. The findings contained in this report offer valuable insights to academics, policymakers, curriculum-planners, teachers and those involved in the development of education in South Africa.
- Author BiographyVijay Reddy is a research director in the education, science, and skills-development research program at the Human Sciences Research Council.
- Author(s)Maharaj Vijay Reddy
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight375 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.