Mathematics for Elementary Teachers with Activities by Sybilla Beckmann (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $298.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $184.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionAn inquiry-based approach to this course allows future teachers to learn through exploration and group work, leading to a deeper understanding of mathematics. Kwn for her contributions in math education, Sybilla Beckmann writes the leading text for this approach. In Mathematics for Elementary Teachers with Activities, students engage, explore, discuss, and ultimately reach a true understanding of mathematics. The Fourth Edition provides a new full-color design, making the math come alive. For the first time, the content and activities are combined into the same text, creating a self-contained resource for this course and beyond. Common Core State Standards are integrated to complement the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Focal Points and Standards that appear where appropriate. New From the Field features highlight the latest research, Integrating Mathematics and Pedagogy (IMAP) videos (available separately), children's literature, views from the classroom, and lesson planning to prepare future teachers for their teaching careers.
- Author BiographySybilla Beckmann earned her undergraduate degree in mathematics from Brown University and her PhD in mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania. For two years, she researched and taught mathematics as the J.W. Gibbs Instructor of Mathematics at Yale University. Since then, she has been at the University of Georgia, where she was recently awarded the Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor of Mathematics, and directs the Mathematicians Educating Future Teachers (MEFT) component of the University of Georgia math department's VIGRE II grant. Sybilla is actively involved in helping prospective teachers understand and appreciate the mathematics they will teach. She was a member of the writing team of NCTM's Curriculum Focal Points for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade mathematics. She was also a member of the Committee on Early Childhood Mathematics of the National Research Council, and co-author of its report, Mathematics Learning in Early Childhood: Path toward Excellence and Equity; she has worked on the development of several state mathematics standards; and she was a member of the Mathematics Writing Team for the Common Core State Standards Initiative. Several years ago, Dr. Beckmann taught daily at an average sixth grade math class at a local public school in order to better understand teaching mathematics at the school level. In her spare time, she enjoys playing the piano, weaving, attending classical music concerts, and traveling with her family.
- Author(s)Sybilla Beckmann
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations,strationsstrations
- Weight2444 g
- Width231 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.