All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionWhat can a physicist gain by studying mathematics? By gathering together everything a physicist needs to kw about mathematics in one comprehensive and accessible guide, this is the question Mathematics for Physics and Physicists successfully takes on. The author, Walter Appel, is a rewned mathematics educator hailing from one of the best schools of France's prestigious Grandes ecoles, where he has taught some of his country's leading scientists and engineers. In this unique book, oriented specifically toward physicists, Appel shows graduate students and researchers the vital benefits of integrating mathematics into their study and experience of the physical world. His approach is mathematically rigorous yet refreshingly straightforward, teaching all the math a physicist needs to kw above the undergraduate level. Appel details numerous topics from the frontiers of modern physics and mathematics--such as convergence, Green functions, complex analysis, Fourier series and Fourier transform, tensors, and probability theory--consistently partnering clear explanations with cogent examples. For every mathematical concept presented, the relevant physical application is discussed, and exercises are provided to help readers quickly familiarize themselves with a wide array of mathematical tools. Mathematics for Physics and Physicists is the resource today's physicists must have to strengthen their math skills and to gain otherwise unattainable insights into their fields of study
- Author BiographyWalter Appel holds a Ph.D. in theoretical physics. He taught mathematics for physics for seven years at the Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon in France and currently teaches mathematics at the Henri Poincare School.
- Author(s)Walter Appel
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2007
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note50 halftones. 150 line illus.
- Weight1542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.