All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet this comprehensive guide to the use of math in the Green Industry. Designed for both students and practitioners in the Green Industry, this book offers full coverage of the calculations necessary to effectively, safely, and ecomically manage a Green Industry operation. The authors provide clear explanations of all relevant mathematical principles and cover calculations inherent in all aspects of the Green Industry, from determining area and volume, to the application of fertilizers, pesticides, and growth regulators, to preparing design and installation cost estimates. Coverage includes computations for: Landscape installation and maintenance. Greenhouse, nursery, and interior landscape operation. Parks and recreation maintenance. Turf management, including lawn care, sports turf, and sod production. Proper application of fertilizers, pesticides, and plant-growth regulators. Proper calibration of application equipment. Additional features include multiple computations you can work through, appendices with units of measure and equivalents, and a table with conversion factors.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Agnew, PhD , is Senior Field Technical Manager for Syngenta Professional Products, Greensboro, North Carolina. He is coauthor of Mathematics of Turfgrass Maintenance, Fourth Edition (Wiley). Nancy H. Agnew, PhD , is Student Programs Instructor at Longwood Gardens, Inc., Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. She teaches a course in horticulture mathematics. NICK E. CHRISTIANS, PhD , is University Professor of Horticulture at Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. His previous books include Mathematics of Turf-grass Maintenance, Fourth Edition, and Fundamentals of Turfgrass Management, Third Edition (Wiley). Ann Marie Vanderzanden, PhD , is Associate Professor of Horticulture at Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. She is coauthor of Landscape Design: Theory and Application.
- Author(s)Ann Marie VanDerZanden,Michael L. Agnew,Nancy H. Agnew,Nick E. Christians
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight704 g
- Width190 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.