All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the tenth volume in the series Mathematics in Industrial Prob- lems. The motivation for these volumes is to foster interaction between Industry and Mathematics at the grass roots level; that is, at the level of specific problems. These problems come from Industry: they arise from models developed by the industrial scientists in ventures directed at the manufacture of new or improved products. At the same time, these prob- lems have the potential for mathematical challenge and velty. To identify such problems, I have visited industries and had discussions with their scientists. Some of the scientists have subsequently presented their problems in the IMA Seminar on Industrial Problems. The book is based on the seminar presentations and on questions raised in subse- quent discussions. Each chapter is devoted to one of the talks and is self- contained. The chapters usually provide references to the mathematical literature and a list of open problems which are of interest to the industrial scientists. For some problems a partial solution is indicated briefly. The last chapter of the book contains a short description of solutions to some of the problems raised in the previous volume, as well as references to papers in which such solutions have been published. The speakers in the Seminar on Industrial Problems have given us at the IMA hours of delight and discovery.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.100
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1030 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAvner Friedman
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.