Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionNumerous well-presented and important papers from the conference are gathered in the proceedings for the purpose of pointing directions for useful future research in diverse areas of mathematics including algebraic geometry, analysis, commutative algebra, complex analysis, discrete mathematics, dynamical systems, number theory and topology. Several papers on computational and applied mathematics such as wavelet analysis, quantum mechanics, piecewise linear modeling, cosmological models of super symmetry, fluid dynamics, interpolation theory, optimization, ergodic theory and games theory are also presented.
- Author BiographyPIERRE CARTIER, member of Institut des Hautes Etudes Scientifiques (IHES) in Bures sur Yvette, France, is emeritus professor in the University Paris 7. Prof. Cartier was a student of the Ecole Normale Superieure where he obtained his PhD under the supervision of Henri Cartan. He has been a member of the Bourbaki group for over 30 years. In algebraic geometry, a number of objects bear his name: the Cartier duality between Abelian varieties or formal groups, Cartier divisors. He has been a closed collaborator from Grothendieck. A.D.R. CHOUDARY is director general at the Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences (ASSMS), GC University Lahore, Pakistan. Prof. Choudary received his PhD in mathematics at the University of Bucharest. In 2002, he received the award of Most Inspirational Educator and in 2003, received the award of Distinguished Professor of Research at Central Washington University, USA. Earlier, he served as a coordinator of the Faculty of Mathematics at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico, and professor of mathematics at Central Washington University, USA. An author of three books, Prof. Choudary has been a visiting scholar at a number of universities and institutes in Europe, USA, Asia and Australia. He received several grants from US Department of Education and other similar agencies during his stay in the USA. MICHEL WALDSCHMIDT is emeritus professor at Universite Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6), Paris, France. Prof. Waldschmidt studied at the University of Nancy. Then he went to Bordeaux, where he obtained his PhD in 1972 under the supervision of Jean Fresnel. He was immediately offered a temporary position in the University of Orsay by Henri Cartan (1972-73) and in 1973, he was appointed as a professor at the University Paris VI, where he taught until the end of 2011. He is an expert in number theory, especially Diophantine problems, including transcendence methods.
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication16/11/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number98
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content Note156 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byA. D. R. Choudary,Michel Waldschmidt,Pierre Cartier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.