CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe German mathematician Karl Weierstrass (1815-97) is generally considered to be the father of modern analysis. His clear eye for what was important is demonstrated by the publication, late in life, of his polymial approximation theorem; suitably generalised as the Stone-Weierstrass theorem, it became a central tool for twentieth-century analysis. Furthermore, the Weierstrass where-differentiable function is the seed from which springs the entire modern theory of mathematical finance. The best students in Europe came to Berlin to attend his lectures, and his rigorous style still dominates the first analysis course at any university. His seven-volume collected works in the original German contain t only published treatises but also records of many of his famous lecture courses. Edited by Rudolf Rothe (1873-1942), Volume 6 was published in 1915.
- Author(s)Karl Weierstrass
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication11/11/2012
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Mathematics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight890 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRudolf Rothe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.