All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you love someone, how does it feel? And when you desire someone, how is it different? In Mating in Captivity, Esther Perel looks at the story of sex in committed couples. Modern romance promises it all - a lifetime of togetherness, intimacy and erotic desire. In reality, it's hard to want what you already have. Our quest for secure love conflicts with our pursuit of passion. And often, the very thing that got us to into our relationships - lust - is the one thing that goes missing from them. Determined to reconcile the erotic and the domestic, Perel explains why democracy is a passion killer in the bedroom. Argues for playfulness, distance, and uncertainty. And shows what it takes to bring lust home. Smart, sexy and explosively original, Mating in Captivity is the mogamist's essential bedside read.
- Author BiographyEsther Perel is a Belgian-born psychotherapist, and the leading authority on erotic intelligence. Mating in Captivity is her first book. She lives in New York with her husband of twenty-one years, and their two sons.
- Author(s)Esther Perel
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication20/09/2007
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight188 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- rickwicks28 Feb, 2017by
I found this in Swedish translation at the library and read it, then bought a copy in English and am now reading it aloud together with my wife. Very inspiring.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.