All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWith intensely vibrant colors and a pastose application of paint, a group of 12 young artists including Henri Matisse, Andre Derain, Maurice de Vlaminck, Georges Braque, Kees van Dongen, and others caused a major controversy at the 1905 third autumn salon in Paris. The critic Louis Vauxcelles labeled them les Fauves or the wild beasts; w the French translation of the term stands for a style that was short but highly influential in 20th-century art: fauvism. This catalog highlights important aspects from the influence of van Gogh, Cezanne, and Gauguin as artistic trailblazers to the later effects of the Fauves.
- Author BiographyKlaus Albrecht Schroderhas beenthe director of the Albertina Museum in Vienna, Austria, since 2000. He is the author of books on artists Egon Schiele, Gottfried Helnwein, and Alex Katz.
- PublisherWienand Verlag
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWienand Verlag
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1950 g
- Width236 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byKlaus Albrecht Schroder
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.