All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionBin Ramke's poetry has always been concerned with separating the real from the wished-for or the feared. In Matter, Ramke investigates t only the physical realities of our world but the qualities that make things important to us, that give them weight. These poems, often in the voice of a child, are full of yearning and anguish but also an appreciation for the enhanced perceptions and small pleasures to be found among the sadness. All lost things have the same voice, he says, and this universal voice reminds us of home and family and the simple connections of ordinary life - the things that matter. When I was a saint, begins the first poem, I did t have visions but I could see and did te the color of the world. Matter is an examination of and a report on the world's variable colors and possibilities for, if t sanctity, then a certain sanity, a kindness, and some form of salvation.
- Author BiographyBin Ramke has published seven previous books of poems, including Massacre of the Innocents (Iowa 1995), Wake (Iowa 1999), and one of the first Kuhl House Poets books, Airs, Waters, Places (Iowa 2001). The editor of the Denver Quarterly, he teaches creative writing at the University of Denver and at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Author(s)Bin Ramke
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleKuhl House Poets
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight150 g
- Width156 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.