All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $30.77Free postage
- AU $30.75Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis adventure of war begins in the jungles of Vietnam and develops into late 1968 and early 1969. The author leads us to a military base kwn as Matterhorn, which is located in the mountains of the distance province Quang. There, a young lieutenant is determined to become a commander of his company, attempting to promote his political future. This leads him to sustain a rivalry with a few of his companions and convert the war into one about personal ambitions. Without falling into simplistic and demagogic plans, Marlantes produces a shockingly impactful vel that t only touches on the horror of way, but also the pursuit of power, courage, cowardice, and compassion.
- Author Biography<b>Karl Marlantes</b> is a graduate of Yale University. He served in the U.S. Navy and fought in Vietnam, where he was awarded the Navy Cross, the Bronze Star, two medals from the Navy for courage, and a Purple Heart. <i>Matterhorn</i> is his first literary work.
- Author(s)Karl Marlantes
- PublisherEditorial Oceano de Mexico
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEditorial Oceano de Mexico
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.