All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBradt's Mauritius is the most comprehensive guide available to the Mascarene islands of Mauritius, its dependency Rodrigues and the French island of Reunion. Covering the full range of accommodation and restaurants, from budget to sheer luxury, it also offers in-depth cultural insights, including detailed information on food (and local recipes), language, customs and music, as well as useful phrases in Mauritian and Reunionnais Creole. Extensive information on flora, fauna and the latest progress of the islands' conservation projects is included, plus detailed information on outdoor pursuits (including hiking in Reunion) and adventure sports, as well as expert analysis of individual dive sites around the Mascarenes. This new edition has been thoroughly updated to present the most recent information on getting married in Mauritius, as well as details of medical tourism, in particular cosmetic surgery and dental services.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Richards (www.alexandrarichards.net) grew up in the beautiful English county of Dorset, where she developed a love of rural life, the natural world and outdoor pursuits. She graduated from Durham University in 2000, where she read modern European languages. During her studies she spent a year teaching English in Reunion and took the opportunity to travel in the Mascarenes. Since that time she has been returning to the Mascarenes as often as possible and has written the past five editions of this guidebook. Alex is a freelance travel writer with a passion for photography, natural history and adventure. In 2004, she undertook a writing/photography assignment travelling to Australia on a cargo ship via the Suez Canal, and has divided her time between Dorset and Australia ever since.
- Author(s)Alexandra Richards
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight363 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.