All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe international bestseller that tells how Semler tore up the rule books - and defied inflation running at up to 900% per year! - Workers make decisions previously made by their bosses - Managerial staff set their own salaries and bonuses - Everyone has access to the company books - No formality - a minimum of meetings, memos and approvals - Internal walls torn down - Shopfloor workers set their own productivity targets and schedules Result - Semco is one of Latin America's fastest-growing companies, ackwledged to be the best in Brazil to work for, and with a waiting list of thousands of applicants waiting to join it. Learn Ricardo's secrets and let some of the Semco magic rub off on you and your company.
- Author BiographyRicardo Semler took over his father's company, Semco (founded in 1954), at the age of 19. Not only did he turn the company round, he made it an outstanding success. On the brink of bankruptcy in 1980, Semco achieved revenues of $34 million in 1993 - and $160 million in 2000. Semler threw out the rule book: for example, workers make their own decisions; every corporate decision is put to the vote; people turn up to the meetings they want to be at. It sounds insane: but it works.
- Author(s)Ricardo Semler
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Business Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight232 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.