All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this bewitching tale, fictional characters,the African American couple Horace and Joleen Littlejohn, interact with a real historical character, boxing champion Max Baer. Presenting themselves as husband and wife, Horace and Joleen are, in fact, brother and sister. They become constant companions and sometime lovers to Max in this story about Max's life in and out of the ring.
- Author BiographyJay Neugeboren, author of award-winning novels (The Stolen Jew, Before My Life Began, 1940, The American Sun & Wind Moving Picture Company, and Poli); nonfiction (Imagining Robert, Transforming Madness); and four collections of prize-winning stories.His essays and stories have appeared widely--in the New York Review of Books, the Atlantic Monthly, the American Scholar, Psychiatric Services, Black Clock, Ploughshares, Commonweal, Moment, Hadassah, and the New York Times--and have been reprinted in more than 50 anthologies, including Best American Stories and O. Henry Prize Stories. The recipient of numerous awards, including fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts, he was a professor and writer-in-residence for many years at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, and has also taught at Stanford, Columbia, and the State University of New York at Old Westbury. He now lives and writes in New York City.
- Author(s)Jay Neugeboren
- PublisherMandel Vilar Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMandel Vilar Press
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.