All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $9.36Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $11.59Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $19.33
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $17.07
- AU $5.10Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.72
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of: 2013 Science Communication Award, American Institute of Physics Max the Dog and a young girl named Tori take the first trip to the Moon since the Apollo era, and their trip proves so inspiring to people back on Earth that all the nations of the world come together to build a great Moon colony. From the colony, the views of Earth make everyone realize how small and precious planet Earth is. Along the way, the story sets the stage for more sophisticated science, featured in the 19 Big Kid Box sidebars that have been fully updated in this new edition, which cover topics including Phases of the Moon, Wings in Space?, and Frisbees and Curve Balls on the Moon --all thoughtfully explained so that grown-ups and children can learn together about science. Behind-the-scenes science lessons with activities round out this entertaining and educational picture book, the new edition of which is designed to accompany the new Max Goes to the Moon planetarium show, coming soon to planetariums around the world.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Bennett is an astrophysicist and educator who proposed the idea for and helped develop the Voyage Scale Model Solar System -- the first science-oriented exhibit approved for permanent installation on the National Mall in Washington, DC. He is the lead author of best-selling college textbooks in four distinct disciplines: astronomy, mathematics, statistics, and astrobiology. He lives in Boulder, Colorado. Alan Okamoto is a children's book illustrator and a space artist who has done commissioned work for the Air Force, numerous aerospace corporations, and college textbooks. He lives in Lodi, California.
- Author(s)Jeffrey D. Bennett
- PublisherBig Kid Science
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBig Kid Science
- Content Note3 colour photos, 24 colour illus & 4 line drawings
- Weight607 g
- Width279 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alan Okamoto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.