All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionBasing his research on Gramsci's theory of hegemony, Jan Rehmann provides a comprehensive socio-analysis of Max Weber's political and intellectual position in the ideological network of his time. Max Weber: Modernisation As Passive Revolution shows that, even though Weber presents his science as 'value-free', he is best understood as an organic intellectual of the bourgeoisie, who has the mission of providing his class with an intense ethico-political education.
- Author BiographyJan Rehmann, Dr. phil., habil., teaches critical theories and social analysis at Union Theological Seminary in New York City and philosophy and the Free University in Berlin. He is co-editor of the Historical-Critical Dictionary of Marxism (HKWM) and the journal Das Argument. His latest book is Theories of Ideology: The Powers of Alienation and Subjection (Haymarket Books 2014).
- Author(s)Jan Rehmann
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Series Part/Volume Number78
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight683 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.