All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does a Super hero do when they are t being 'Super'? A funny story about being loved for who you are and t just what you can or cant do. It's t easy being the son of legendary superheroes Captain Lightning and Madam Thunderbolt. Max has a cape and a mask, but he doesn't fly. His parents can't understand it. It seems that Max is just an ordinary boy, until finally, to save a falling baby bird, Max discovers he can fly! He'll be a small hero, doing small deeds. The world needs more of those, says his mum. A funny and touching tale about little Max, the reluctant superhero. Bob Graham has three times won the Australian Children's Book of the Year Award, in addition to the Smarties Book Prize Gold and Silver Awards and the Kate Greenaway Medal.
- Author BiographyBob Graham is a Kate Greenaway-winning author-illustrator who has written and illustrated many acclaimed children's picture books including How to Heal a Broken Wing, Max, Jethro Byrde: Fairy Child and April Underhill: Tooth Fairy. His 2011 title, A Bus Called Heaven, is endorsed by Amnesty International UK and was the winner of the 2012 Children's Book Council of Australia Picture Book of the Year Award - a prize Bob has won an unprecedented six times. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)Bob Graham
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2005
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight229 g
- Width248 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.