Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionMAXDOG is the true story of a Golden Retriever who becomes a rock of emotional support for his owner after she faces a series of devastating life events that plunge her into deep depression. Years later, the tables are turned and roles are reversed when Max is diagsed with a cancer that will soon take his life. In her journey to personal healing, Max's owner rediscovers her love of writing and begins an inspirational internet blog sharing Max's final months with her readers. MAXDOG of South Africa, the blog, captures a world-wide audience, giving Max's owner new purpose and direction in her life. MAXDOG is filled with laughter, tears and bittersweet moments that will pull the reader into its pages. This heartwarming tale is testimony to the enduring power of the human spirit, and the unconditional love shared between a Golden Retriever and its owner.
- Author BiographyMAXDOG, the book, was based on Caryl Moll's own dog, Max, and Caryl is the stay-at-home mom referred to in the book. Caryl has a degree in commerce and worked briefly in human resources, but elected to be a homemaker for the past 24 years. Caryl is happily married and lives with her husband, two daughters and three dogs, in the middle-class suburb of Randparkridge, Johannesburg, South Africa. Caryl is an animal lover and has owned dogs all her life. She has also been involved in dog training and showing her dogs for the past ten years. Last year, Caryl trained her current dog - TOBY - also a Golden Retriever, for a part in a high-school stage production of the Broadway musical Annie. Caryl has also been an avid blogger for the past four years and runs the following blogs: THE ADVENTURES OF MAXDOG (http: //www.theadventuresofmaxdog.blogspot.com) LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX (http: //www.africanwhitechild.blogspot.com) PERHAPS IN TIME (http: //www.perhapsintime-cam.blogspot.com) Caryl is well known in the dog-blogging community. 'THE ADVENTURES OF MAXDOG had a world-wide following of over 200 readers and was featured on the BBC as part of their program THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. During MAXDOG's era, the blog received over 9000 comments - a testimony to its popularity. 'LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX', her current blog, has over 200 official followers and is updated regularly. Caryl created the cyber-identity for 'MAXDOG' via the above blogs and he is still exceptionally popular amongst her readers. 'He' has an assigned Facebook fan-page and is active on 'Twitter' under the name: MaxdogM. This is Caryl's first book, which has been encouraged and supported by her world-wide audience. Caryl was compelled to write it during 'MAXDOG's last days. It is a human-interest story of universal appeal, and not one necessarily limited to dog-lovers.
- Author(s)Caryl Moll
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.