All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe rehabilitation of patients with disabilities of the head and neck secondary to acquired and congenital defects continues to be a challenge. Today it is possible to restore most patients to nearly rmal form and function, enabling them to lead useful and productive lives. However, successful outcomes require close interaction among many health care disciplines. Given the recent advances in maxillofacial prosthetics and reconstructive surgery, the pace of change in the rehabilitation of oral and facial defects has been far too slow. For example, free tissue transfers have been used throughout the world for the last 20 years to restore bony defects of the mandible, but far too many surgeons fail to understand that it is equally important to restore the bulk and contour of the tongue if the oral functions of speech, mastication, and control of saliva are to be restored. This updated edition with an emphasis on a truly multidisciplinary approach provides the reader with insights into the latest developments in maxillofacial prosthetics, reconstructive surgery, and dental care. New chapters present information on digital techlogy and tissue engineering, and all chapters have undergone significant revision, reflecting the advances in the use of osseointegrated implants and free vascularized flaps. The reader will take away practical kwledge of state-of-the art treatment approaches to ensure that patients of the future will longer assert that the cure was worse than the disease .
- Author(s)John Beumer,Mark T. Marunick,Salvatore Esposito
- PublisherQuintessence Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuintessence Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1920 g
- Width220 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.