Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Maxime Gaillard opened a small bistro at 3 rue Royale, his restaurant was soon discovered by the star socialite of the moment, Irma de Montigny, who launched it as a center of Parisian nightlife. A masterpiece of Art Nouveau architecture and design, Maxim's remains faithful to this period and continues to be a symbol of Parisian luxury life, mixing crowned heads, heirs and millionaires, top artists, and current beauties since it opened its doors. On the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of the restaurant's latest proprietorship, by the iconic designer Pierre Cardin, Jean-Pascal Hesse tells us the fascinating story of this legendary place. The book also features a selection of Maxim's most successful recipes, with accompanying illustrations.
- Author BiographyHistorian Jean-Pascal Hesse is the author of a number of books. A close collaborator with Pierre Cardin, he published a survey of the famous couturier's creations, Pierre Cardin: 60 Years of Innovation (Assouline), last year. A city council member in Paris, he also directs cultural events for the mayor of the sixteenth arrondissement.
- Author(s)Jean-Pascal Hesse
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note80 illustrations
- Weight1542 g
- Width234 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.