All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAs anyone who has been on one kws big bikes - Harleys, dressers, tourers, cruisers - handle differently to smaller bikes, and for the inexperienced rider the difference can be dramatic and sometimes fatal. This book helps owners and riders of these bikes - with long wheelbases, big engines, and lots of weight - get the best ride out of them, whether long-distance, cornering, city streets, s-bends, cambers, even parking and reversing. Maximum Control addresses every aspect of riding: steering, positioning, braking, carrying a passenger or heavy load, and has clear information on differences in equipment from brakes, engine, drive system, even tires, making this an expert, accessible guide that provides the rider with everything he or she needs to kw to handle their bike safely and securely.
- Author BiographyPat Hahn loves solving motorcycling dilemmas, particularly those related to riding strategy and safety. His subtle humor and keen instinct help with topics like risk management, situational awareness, riding technique, and crash avoidance and put them into terms any rider can understand. Pat is the author of the four books, How to Ride a Motorcycle, Maximum Control, Motorcyclists' Legal Handbook, and Ride Hard, Ride Smart, and is communications and outreach manager for TEAM OREGON Motorcycle Safety Program. He lives in Corvallis, Oregon.
- Author(s)Pat Hahn
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication14/12/2009
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Note300 Colour, 20 Diagrams
- Weight612 g
- Width209 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine10 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 49grahamr07 Jul, 2016by
I found this book to be very easy to read and understand, and would recommend it for ANY motorcycle rider. The instructions are clear and extremely precise in how to do the task explained.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- 26081964au10 Jun, 2014by
Awesome product, very informative!!!
I purchased this book for my husband. We have a 2011 Street Glide and it relates well him. He loves it!!!!
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31