All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMaximum security - the toughest classification in the Australian prison system - exerts a powerful fascination. Housing the nation's worst criminals, the so-called 'intractables', these facilities are settings of violence and despair. Just how rough are these jails within jails, and what's it like to be incarcerated in them? From the brutal regime of colonial Norfolk Island to the sterile cruelty of Jika Jika and Katingal, James Morton, bestselling author of Gangland Australia and Shotgun and Standover, takes us through the history of these sinister places of punishment, which have been home to torious figures like Mark 'Chopper' Read, Brenden Abbott and Russell 'Mad Dog' Cox. Maximum Security is a gripping and informed account of the infamous criminals, gang wars, riots, corruption, great escapes, brutal bashings and murders - and occasional act of kindness and heroism - that go on in these hidden worlds behind bars.
- Author BiographyJames Morton is the author of Gangland Australia and Shotgun and Standover.
- Author(s)James Morton
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Weight572 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.