All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionMax is looking for words that rhyme. His dragon is in his wagon or was, for w its tail has left a trail, which Max follows. He finds an umbrella on the ground Found, ground, he says, while his older brothers mock him for believing in dragons and sitting under an umbrella when it isn't even raining. But Max believes in possibilities and when he can show his brothers t only a dragon in the stormy clouds but also a disaur, they begin to come round. When Max demonstrates the power of his rhyming words to tame the disaur and the dragon and make the rain come, he wins them over completely.With amusing wordplay and beguiling illustrations, Kate Banks and Boris Kulikov celebrate language and imagination in a collaboration that is bound to be oodles of fun for everyone. This title has Common Core connections.
- Author BiographyKate Banks and Boris Kulikov's Max's Words was a Children's Book Sense Pick and a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year. They also collaborated on The Eraserheads. Ms. Banks has written many other books for young readers, including And If the Moon Could Talk, winner of the Boston Globe Horn Book Award, and The Night Worker, winner of the Charlotte Zolotow Award. She lives in the South of France. Mr. Kulikov has illustrated a number of books for children and lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Kate Banks
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication18/03/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width258 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Boris Kulikov
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.