CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionMaya: Initiate 39 is an adult work-piece that explores the ordeals of Maya Isaacs. An over-protected single child, a victim of a broken home, Maya was raised singlehandedly by a man whom she knew as her 'father, ' Samuel. He had divorced his wife, Cynthia, years ago on grounds of infidelity before Maya turned three years old. Growing up in Durban was a heady mixture of good, bad and ugly for Maya. Through the influence of wrong peers, Maya went into the underworld endeavors of stealing, drug trafficking and prostitution, under the cover of a very perverse juvenile assembly, called the Alternative Lifestyle Club (The ALC). She joined the club in the pursuit of what she called her destiny and became popular among many top-tch Southern Africans. After several disappointments, Maya thought she could use her connections to bite the fingers that fed her, by carrying out the assignments given her own way-a way of letting the organization kw that she was push-over. But that was t the case! Consequently, Craig and Ms. Diana, the active players of the club, led this juvenile to her doom. They set her up and the police did the rest. The long arm of the law landed her in prison in Johannesburg. It was while she was in the prison that she realized that changing for the better would be the only way to save herself. Through a favor from Van Brussels, a rich gold merchant, school owner and chairperson of the Louisville Shipping Company, against whom she had committed a crime in the past, Maya was released from prison before the stipulated sentence was up. She was sent to the United States for Secretarial studies, worked for Van Brussels' company for a couple of years, and then returned to her native Durban home in South Africa with her husband, Daniel Young, to find her father, who she had left years before. Maya became a woman of substance. Her fame and enterprise rose up the corporate ladder. But before then, something happened...
- Author BiographyMr. Ben, having 'mentally' journeyed both literary divides (genres), fiction and non-fiction, to contributing his quota towards the betterment of humanity, is a labeled G.A.N.G.S.T.A.R writer. In his words, 'it stands for Generally Appreciating Notable Genres by Stating Their Applicable Relevance'. He is a published author of books as Life In Space, The Blueprint, Winds of Change, Life's Twists and AMY.W.COM, Journey to Love, One Man's Deep Words and Christmas Time! His articles have been published in various online magazines such as writingraw.com, ezinearticles.com, artivlebase.com, and other affiliate sites. He is one of the two African authors whose short story, 'Our Story' to be published in Germany (in German) alongside over 20 writers all over the world. 'Writing, ' Mr. Ben sees it, 'is physical manifestation of copying word for word what the teacher of inspiration has put down on the board of imagination and it is Words Revealed In Terms (of) Information on Notable Genres.
- Author(s)MR Ben
- PublisherRevival Waves of Glory Ministries
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRevival Waves of Glory Ministries
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.