All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionMaya and the Gordian Kt is a startlingly honest examination of a friendship forged out of mutual loss. Michael and Jennifer have both lost their respective spouses. Newly acquainted, they brave the uncharted terrain of grief's free-fall. The ballast they provide for one ather in the grittiest of times is finally what the book is about. And they discover, together, what lengths friendship can travel in the most hopeless of life's moments. The format of the book hors their separate voices, mining the difference that gender and type of loss might offer. It is also an investigation of desperate madness--a hard look at the bewilderingly unstable geography of grief. At the conclusion of the book the authors own up more fully to their shared world as professional musicians. They look closely at how music both creates and shapes us, circumscribing our lives as the unticed medicine of body, mind and heart.
- Author BiographyMichael Mish has been a children's recording artist and musical playwright since 1988. Host of his regional emmy award winning A Kid's EyeView of the Environment and a keynote speaker in the UN's general assembly, he has variously made his living as a singer, lecturer, voice-actor, videographer and scuba instructor. He is a lover of travel and foreign language and is currently living in Western Australia where he is working on his next book about a child's innocence. Jennifer Schloming lives in Southern Oregon, with her partner Jim Marin and a 17 year old Maine Coon cat. Over the years, the family homestead has been faithfully guarded by 3 trusty yellow labradors, the last of whom just went into the ground. She makes her living as a conductor, teacher, music director, pianist and vocal coach. Her current book-in-progress is Beseeching Wisdom: Justifying 60. Her son Galen, a musical theater graduate of Northwestern University, is currently in L.A., preparing to launch the next round of national auditions.
- Author(s)Jennifer Schloming,Michael Mish
- PublisherMgk Publishers
- Date of Publication08/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMgk Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.