All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho or Whom?/ Its or It's / Lie or Lay? Can't remember those grueling grammar lessons from junior high? Troubled that your professional writing lacks polish? Stop worrying! You've just picked up the painless prescription for proper English! Acclaimed grammarians Mark Lester and Larry Beason kw that English teachers aren't the only ones who expect careful and correct language choices. Precision in language can be the deciding factor when it comes to getting a job or winning a promotion. The McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage gives you bottom-line definitions, tips, and simple rules that summarize the essentials you need to kw. This second edition includes a chapter dedicated to grammar and its usage in digital communication, including texting, e-mail, social media, and new techlogy, so you can communicate correctly in any format. Whether your skills need drastic improvement or a quick brush-up, The McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage will get your grammar back on the right track with: straight forward explanations of common mistakes and why they happen; hundreds of correct and incorrect sentence examples, with errors clearly marked; quick tips for fixing your most stubborn grammatical mishaps; and, catchy memory aids for writing correctly the first time.
- Author BiographyMark Lester is an experienced grammarian, ESL expert, and professor emeritus at Eastern Washington University. He is the author of more than a dozen books, including McGraw-Hill's Essential ESL Grammar, The Big Book of English Verbs, and many more. Larry Beason is an award-winning professor and director of the English composition program at the University of South Alabama. He has written numerous academic articles and given presentations on rhetoric, grammar, business communication, teaching, and the English language. Beason is also the author of several grammar books.
- Author(s)Larry Beason,Mark Lester
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Weight501 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.