All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionMcLeod Ganj is a small mountain town settled at the foots of the Indian Himalayas. For decades it is kwn as the World Tibetan Buddhist center. It is a place where come Buddhists from around the World, and where tourists, artists and even celebrities spend days in search of inner purification. It is the inspiration for poets, writers, actors and all those who are looking for answers to the eternal questions of life and death, good, love and peace. Although this little town under the Himalayas has become world kwn primarily by the supreme Tibetan Buddhist leader, up to date it has retained it's natural glow and inner spiritual peace. Like the Dalai Lama - who lives the life of an ordinary Buddhist monk although He is aware of His own spiritual greatness and extreme importance - this place has preserved its natural charm. Whatever the temptations that carry modern world development, money and rapid way of life, it remained a place where anyone who is t fascinated by the achievements of modern civilizationcan feel relieved and come to relax. McLeod Ganj is an ideal place for anyone who wants to be there and do thing, think thing and say thing. On 190 pages the book contains color art photographs that take you iside the beautiful environment of McLeod Ganj. The book make you feel like you are right there, on the streets and temples of the little town or on the hills of Himalayas.
- Author BiographySlobodan Maldini, architect, artist, photographer, writer and theoretician of art. 1978 studied art history and Palladian architecture in Vicenza, Italy, under the mentors professor James S. Ackermann (Harvard University) and Wolfgang Lotz (professor on Institute of Fine Arts, New York and director of Bibliotheca Hertziana - Max Planck Institute of Art History). 1985 Maldini exhibited at the Paris Biennale, together with the world icons of art and architecture. He wrote several books, including: Kathmandu, Valley of Gods, A Dictionary of Spirituality, Recuerdo, Dictionary of Architecture. On his travels from 1975 to the present made a large number of photographs that represent the architecture and life in different cultural settings. In the book McLeod Ganj, On the slopes of Himalayas are presented art and everyday life photographs that were taken during his visit to India.
- Author(s)Slobodan Maldini
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.