All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.55Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionScotland, 1803. A rejected marriage proposal compels a doctor to escape to the Highlands, where he takes care of a local family. What started being as a rural retirement soon becomes a dangerous challenge when he realises that the inhabitants of the house are more threatening than the wild mountains themselves. In the cruellest point of the winter, a mysterious illness descends on the house, turning people into monsters. The servants claim that a bhampair is hiding among them, but Mrs McLean doesn't give credit to the their pagan beliefs and tries to find a logical explanation. The doctor wants to develop a vaccine against the disease, but he is hunted by the memories of his bloody past. Who is the real monster inside the isolated mansion in Glenfinnan?
- Author BiographyINES G. LABARTA was born in Madrid in 1992. Skittish as a deer, she decided to put her childhood demons to constructive use, and started writing about the things that scare her. Her stories disturbed juries and editors enough to earn her some awards, and she has now published three of her novels and one novella. She is currently doing a PhD in Creative Writing at Lancaster University. Apart from England, she has also lived in Ireland and Scotland. She loves apples in all their forms and colours. On misty days, she can be seen hiking in Scotland or the Lake District, doing sketches of the landscapes if the rain permits her to. Her ultimate goal is to walk to Japan and write a book about it.
- PublisherHolland House
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNewbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHolland House
- Content Note6 black and white illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.