All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $77.81Trending at AU $79.42
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.33
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.05
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $34.20Trending at AU $35.80
- AU $87.91Trending at AU $88.61
About this product
- DescriptionWhenever Burt Dow, who lives in a snug little house on the Maine coast, sets out to sea, his pet giggling gull goes along. But this time, it will take all his might and some plain old ingenuity to save him and the gull from a raging storm.
- Author BiographyRobert McCloskey (1914-2003) wrote and illustrated some of the most honored and enduring children's books ever published. He grew up in Hamilton, Ohio, and spent time in Boston, New York, and ultimately Maine, where he and his wife raised their two daughters. The first ever two-time Caldecott Medal winner, for <i>Make Way for Ducklings </i>and <i>Time of Wonder</i>, McCloskey was also awarded Caldecott Honors for <i>Blueberries for Sal, One Morning in Maine, </i>and <i>Journey Cake, Ho!</i> by Ruth Sawyer. He was declared a Living Legend by the Library of Congress in 2000. You can see some of his best-loved characters immortalized as statues in Boston's Public Garden and Lentil Park in Hamilton, Ohio.
- Author(s)Robert McCloskey
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication31/01/1985
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleViking Kestrel picture books
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Out-of-print date29/01/2010
- Weight499 g
- Width221 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.