All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.50
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection includes: <b>McQueen of the Tumbling KRanch foreman Ward McQueen recognizes trouble when he sees it-and trouble is what the Texan sees when he spies the tracks of a wounded man in the middle of the big Tumbling K spread. In town, he learns that a tinhorn gambler has just won the ranch next to the Tumbling K in a dirty card game--and is turning his oily gaze toward the K's pretty owner, Miss Ruth Kermitt. Sure as shooting, McQueen kws the shifty-eyed parlor snake has something to do with the tracks, but before he can prove it to Ruth Kermitt. McQueen finds himself ambushed, dry-gulched, and left in a shallow grave to die-- <b>West of the TularosasPelona was a strange town, and Ward McQueen was a stranger to it. The stalwart foreman of the Tumbling K had come to the high country to take legal possession of the Firebox range. But the sight that greeted him when he arrived was an ugly one: the battle-stained and bullet-ridden body of its former owner. It was clear that the young Jimmy McCracken had gone out fighting, for his killers left behind a trail of blood. Now McQueen has followed that trail--straight to Pelona, a town so full of double-dealings and trickery that the truth can only be uncovered from behind the barrel of a gun-- <b>The Sixth Shotgun</b>The gallows are going up in Canyon Gap and wild-spirited Leo Carver is going to swing. A kwn troublemaker without an alibi, Leo certainly had motives for holding up the stage and killing two men, yet he still proclaims his incence. There's a lot of folks who want to believe him, because although Leo Carver is a hard-living, free-spending maverick, he is the kind of man the West needs. But as an angry mob forms outside the jail demanding a hanging, a beautiful woman is asking questions--the kind that could uncover a smoking shotgun--and a twisted motive for murder.
- Author Biography<b>Louis L'Amour</b>, truly America's favorite storyteller, was the first fiction writer ever to receive the Congressional Gold Medal from the United States Congress in honor of his life's work, and was also awarded the Medal of Freedom. There are more than 265 million copies of his books in print worldwide.
- Author(s)Louis L'Amour
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Running Time180
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.