All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.69
About this product
- DescriptionMe First! tells the story of Baden, a selfish eagle who anys friends, family, and neighbors as he always demands to be first. Baden's behavior makes others reject him, so that he ends up feeling sad and lonely. He is helped by a group of glowing, golden eagles who serve others in the School of the Woods. These scouts help Baden to discover the rewards of putting others first through cheerful service. Baden goes on a personal journey that leads him to help others and feel good about himself. Me First! was written by two brothers, one who recently achieved the rank of Eagle Scout and the other who currently is working on his Eagle Scout project. As the boys were born and raised in West Virginia, images of Appalachia are evident throughout the story, along with symbols representing the principles of scouting. Me First! is an excellent gift for young girls and boys (ages 5 to 9) who are starting their own scouting journeys. Parents, teachers, church volunteers, and scout leaders will enjoy the included Search and Find activity where children look for scouting images hidden in the beautiful illustrations. Within this colorful and humorous fable is a touching message about values, particularly the importance of serving others.
- Author BiographyDanny and Will McNeil are high school students and members of Boy Scout Troop 44 in Morgantown, West Virginia. Danny recently achieved the rank of Eagle Scout and Will is actively working on his requirements for Eagle. Both boys have been inducted into the Order of the Arrow, a national scouting organization devoted to providing cheerful service to communities. The McNeil brothers wanted to write a children's book about scouting and service, as these activities have helped them to develop friends and feel proud about contributing to their community. They hope that Me First! will be read by Cub Scout packs, Brownie Scouts, children's church groups, and local elementary schools to encourage young children to get involved in service activities.
- Author(s)Danny McNeil,Will McNeil
- PublisherForks of Cheat Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForks of Cheat Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Demby
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.