All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who has read NAKED and BARREL FEVER, or heard David Sedaris speaking live or on the radio will tell you that a new collection from him is cause for jubilation. His move to Paris from New York inspired these hilarious pieces, including 'Me Talk Pretty One Day', about his attempts to learn French from a sadistic teacher who declares that 'every day spent with you is like having a caesarean section'. His family is ather inspiration. 'You Can't Kill the Rooster' is a portrait of his brother, who talks incessant hip-hop slang to his bewildered father. And one hones a finer fury in response to such modern anyances as restaurant meals presented in ludicrous towers of food and cashiers with six-inch fingernails. Hilarious, sharply perceptive and surpassing all national boundaries of humour, ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY is a compelling introduction or a very welcome return to David Sedaris - compared by The New Yorker to Twain and Hawthorne - who has taken America and Europe by storm.
- Author BiographyWith sardonic wit and incisive social critiques, David Sedaris has become one of America's pre-eminent humor writers. The great skill with which he slices through cultural euphemisms and political correctness proves that Sedaris is a master of satire and one of the most observant writers addressing the human condition today. David Sedaris is the author of Barrel Fever and Holidays on Ice, as well as collections of personal essays, Naked, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, When You Are Engulfed in Flames and his most recent book, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, each of which became an immediate bestseller. The audio version of Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls was a Grammy nominee for Best Spoken Word Album. He is the author of the New York Times-bestselling collection of fables entitled Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Wicked Bestiary (with illustrations by Ian Falconer). He was also the editor of Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules: An Anthology of Outstanding Stories. Sedaris's pieces appear regularly in the New Yorker and have twice been included in 'The Best American Essays'. There are a total of ten million copies of his books in print and they have been translated into twenty-nine languages.
- Author(s)David Sedaris
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationIN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTime Warner Audio Books
- Weight212 g
- Width125 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byDavid Sedaris
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time300
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.47
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.29
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.