All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compilation of information on all basic aspects of mealybugs, as well as management strategies for mealybug species affecting different crop plants in different countries. It highlights the latest information on morphology, cytogenetics, taxomy, molecular characterization, biology, damage, ecology, natural enemies, ant association, control measures, insecticide resistance and pheromones - essential aspects which will equip researchers to pursue further research on mealybugs. The book examines current trends in the management of mealybugs for a variety of agricultural and horticultural crops, forest plants and mulberry in different countries, while also addressing the negative effects of chemical control methods and presenting success stories of mealybug control that utilize their natural enemies. It offers a valuable guide for crop growers, government officials and other stakeholders in the industry, as well as researchers and students engaged in related research and development activities.
- Author BiographyDr. M. Mani is an agricultural scientist with over 35 years of R&D experience in the entomological research. He has served in Indian council of Agricultural Research and Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. His focal subject is pest control in horticultural crops including grapes.He has done wok on mealybugs for 35 years. Currently he is an Emeritus professor of ICAR, New Delhi. He got seven awards including life time achievement for his contribution to the research in horticulture entomology. He is associated with five scientific bodies. The author has published two books in 2013. 1. A Wonder Predator (Cryptolaemus) by Lap Lambert Academic Publishing Company, Germany 2. The Grape Entomology by Springer. Dr. C. Shivaraju has worked extensively on insects infesting several agricultural and horticultural crops in Indian Institute of Horticultural Research and National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Insects both located at Bangalore. Particularly, he contributed significantly in research on eucalyptus and papaya pest management. He has co-authored two books - A Wonder Predator (Cryptolaemus) and The Grape Entomology .
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note345 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, 51 black & white tables, 378 colour tables, biography
- Weight1603 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byC. Shivaraju,M. Mani
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.