All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the year 2886, death-bowl is the most popular sport in the galaxy. In the history of the game, 'Bad' Jack Keller and his squad of hardened killers, kwn as the Mean Team, have racked up more wins than anyone else - their incentive being the promise of freedom! But team owner Richman Von is t so eager to lose his champions, So Jack, Amok the alien Beester, the robotic Steelgrip and Henry Moon - the telepath trapped inside the body of a panther, will have to escape the arena and bring their battle out into the world! Written by 2000 AD legends John Wagner (Judge Dredd), Alan Grant (Mazeworld), Alan Hebden (Meltdown Man) and including the breathtaking artwork of Massimo Belardinelli (Ace Trucking Co.), this complete collection of violent, action-packed adventure makes Rollerball look like a kiddie's tiddlywinks contest!
- Author BiographyJohn Wagner has been scripting for 2000 AD for more years than he cares to remember. His creations include Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, Ace Trucking, Al's Baby, Button Man and Mean Machine. Outside of 2000 AD his credits include Star Wars, Lobo, The Punisher and the critically acclaimed A History of Violence. ALAN GRANT With over 300 2000 AD stories to his name - not to mention over 250 Daily Star Judge Dredd strips - Alan Grant's prolific creative record speaks for itself. Outside the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, Grant is well-known to Batman fans following a lengthy run on various incarnations of the title. More recently he has adapted Robert Louis Stevenson's classic novels Kidnapped and Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde in Graphic Novel format with artist Cam Kennedy. His television work includes scripts for the BBC series Ace Lightning and the Carnival of Doom. ALAN HEBDEN Alan Hebden scripted a number of comics in the late 1970's and early 1980's, including Major Eazy for Battle, Mind Wars for Starlord and Return of the Mean Team for 2000 AD. Alan is still working in the industry today, writing various war stories for DC Thomson's Commando. HILARY ROBINSON Hilary Robinson began writing scripts for 2000 AD, beginning with a one-off written as an submission piece for artist John McCrea. She began in 1988 with one-off Future Shocks and Strontium Dog spin-offs under the title Tales from the Doghouse She wrote Survivor, a spin-off from the 2000 AD series Mean Team.
- Author(s)Alan Grant,Alan Hebden,John Wagner
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprint2000 AD Graphic Novels
- Width187 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Massimo Belardinelli
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.