All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to provide an in-depth understanding of linguistic meaning, a central theme in twentieth-century philosophy, and its various connections with criteria. Part I examines four major recent theories of meaning, linguistic rules and conventions, and practices. In Part II, after an extended analysis of the concept of criterion against the backdrop of Ludwig Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations and the post-Wittgenstein period, various connections between criteria and meaning are revealed in relation to both n-evaluative and evaluative concepts. The last chapter details various sorts of error and confusion in a host of important philosophical views resulting from an improper understanding of criteria, conditions, and evidence.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Haig Khatchadourian is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He received his Ph.D. from Duke University. In addition to numerous journal articles, he has published nine books in philosophy, including Philosophy of Language and Logical Theory: Collected Paper (1995); The Morality of Terrorism (Peter Lang, 1998); The Quest for Peace between Israel and the Palestinians (Peter Lang, 2000); Community and Communitarianism (Peter Lang, 1999); and War, Terrorism, Genocide and the Quest for Peace: Contemporary Problems in Political Ethics (2003). He is a member of the International Academy of Philosophy and a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce (RSA) in England.
- Author(s)Haig Khatchadourian
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight690 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.