All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy exploring the relationship between music and the moving image in film narrative, David Neumeyer shows that film music is t conceptually separate from sound or dialogue, but that all three are manipulated and continually interact in the larger acoustical world of the sound track. In a medium in which the image has traditionally trumped sound, Neumeyer turns our attention to the voice as the mechanism through which narrative (dialog, speech) and sound (sound effects, music) come together. Complemented by music examples, illustrations, and contributions by James Buhler, Meaning and Interpretation of Music in Cinema is the capstone of Neumeyer's 25-year project in the analysis and interpretation of music in film.
- Author BiographyDavid Neumeyer is Marlene and Morton Meyerson Professor of Music in the Sarah and Ernest Butler School of Music, The University of Texas at Austin. James Buhler is Associate Professor of Music Theory in the Sarah and Ernest Butler School of Music, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)David P. Neumeyer
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication17/08/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMusical Meaning & Interpretation
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note73 music exx., 129 b&w illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.