All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an experiment. Inspired by the bizarre and uncanny, it is an attempt to use science and rationality to lift the veil off the irrational. Its ways are unconventional: weaving along its path one finds UFOs and fairies, quantum mechanics, analytic philosophy, history, mathematics, and depth psychology. The enterprise of constructing a coherent story out of these incommensurable disciplines is exploratory. But if the experiment works, at the end these disparate threads will come together to unveil a startling scenario about the nature of reality. The payoff is handsome: a reason for hope, a boost for the imagination, and the promise of a meaningful future. Yet this book may confront some of your dearest tions about truth and reason. Its conclusions cant be dismissed lightly, because the evidence this book compiles and the philosophy it leverages are solid in the orthodox, academic sense.
- Author BiographyDr. Bernardo Kastrup has been a scientist in some of the world's foremost scientific laboratories. A successful entrepreneur, he is currently an executive in an influential technology company.
- Author(s)Bernardo Kastrup
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIff Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight167 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.