All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last 20 years, comprehensive strategies for treating measurement error in complex models and accounting for the use of extra data to estimate measurement error parameters have emerged. Focusing on both established and vel approaches, Measurement Error: Models, Methods, and Applications provides an overview of the main techniques and illustrates their application in various models. It describes the impacts of measurement errors on naive analyses that igre them and presents ways to correct for them across a variety of statistical models, from simple one-sample problems to regression models to more complex mixed and time series models. The book covers correction methods based on kwn measurement error parameters, replication, internal or external validation data, and, for some models, instrumental variables. It emphasizes the use of several relatively simple methods, moment corrections, regression calibration, simulation extrapolation (SIMEX), modified estimating equation methods, and likelihood techniques. The author uses SAS-IML and Stata to implement many of the techniques in the examples. Accessible to a broad audience, this book explains how to model measurement error, the effects of igring it, and how to correct for it. More applied than most books on measurement error, it describes basic models and methods, their uses in a range of application areas, and the associated termilogy.
- Author BiographyJohn P. Buonaccorsi is a professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Author(s)John P. Buonaccorsi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Interdisciplinary Statistics Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 26
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 94 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Series Edited byByron J. T. Morgan,Niels Keiding,Peter Van Der Heijden,Terry Speed
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.