Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionReducing poverty and increasing wellbeing in developing countries have become central aims of both the national policy-makers as well as the international community. With the Millennium Development Declaration of 2000, the international community has agreed to focus on poverty reduction and the reduction of deprivation in its many dimensions. This book investigates conceptual and empirical issues on the measurement of trends in wellbeing, poverty, and inequality, illustrated for Bolivia and Colombia. The book contributes significantly to filling data gaps by combining existing data in a new way. Furthermore, it presents an important step forward to focus more on multidimensional outcomes of wellbeing rather than on monetary inputs and to develop tools to monitor the progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- Author BiographyMelanie Grosse holds a PhD degree in Economics of the University of Gottingen. Furthermore, she holds a Diploma from the University of Gottingen and a Certificate of the Advanced Studies Program in International Economic Policy Research of the Kiel Institute for World Economics. Her research focuses on poverty, inequality, and development in Latin American countries.
- Author(s)Melanie Grosse
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleGottinger Studien zur Entwicklungsokonomik Gottingen Studies in Development Economics
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note69, 29 fig., 40 tables
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.