All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProve the financial value of your programs--so funders can't say Not measuring the impact of leadership development is like dieting without weighing-in. This outstanding book offers a very logical and practical approach to measuring the impact of leadership development. --Dave Ulrich, Professor, University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, and partner, The RBL Group This book explains many of the reasons why current leadership development practices miss the mark. A must-read for anyone who wishes to implement a meaningful strategy for developing leaders in their organization. --Rajeev Peshawaria, Executive Director and CEO, iclif Leadership and Governance Centre Leadership development is an area we instinctively kw we need in organizations, but we struggle with how to link it to results. Patti, Jack, and Rebecca make measurement a clear and simple process. --Whitney Hischier, Assistant Dean, Center for Executive Education, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business Measuring Leadership Development is one of the best business road maps I've seen in quite some time. These three doctors of philosophy offer the right prescription for ailing corporations in today's business climate. I highly recommend it as an essential navigational tool in any corporate handbook. --Marshall Goldsmith, million-selling author of the New York Times bestsellers MOJO and What Got Your Here Won't Get You There In addition to synthesizing and integrating various streams of information into something meaningful and compelling, the authors outline the fundamental questions that anyone who truly cares about making a difference should answer and they also provide pragmatic approaches and applications to insure high impact. --Teresa Roche, Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, Agilent Techlogies About the Book: Leadership development is one of the driving forces behind strong organizational performance. However, when executives look to run their organizations leaner, they view it as a luxury. Now, Measuring Leadership Development gives talent managers a full toolkit for presenting their leadership development programs in terms of identifiable business benefits, including--for the first time--an accurate bottom line for return on investment in the program. Jack and Patti Phillips have set the standard for ROI Methodology, and here, with Rebecca Ray, they show you how to measure, in real numbers, the impact a leadership development program has on an organization. This complete package gives you sought-after advice for developing leaders with a conveniently measurable, results-based approach as well as the tools you need to collect, analyze, and report relevant data. With this one-of-a-kind book, you can get up and running fast to: Design, deliver, and sustain a periodic ROI evaluation process Provide executives and stakeholders with the confirmable data they demand in terms they understand Use your evaluation data to drive improvement in your organization Effectively value the ROI of a leadership development program using the same standard ratio accountants use for equipment and buildings Colorful case studies from some of the world's best-kwn companies illustrate how to establish best practices and avoid common pitfalls. You will turn to this book again and again for its authoritative, go-to advice and techniques. Take the lead in improving your company's performance with Measuring Leadership Development.
- Author BiographyJack Phillips, Ph.D., former bank president and head of HR for major organizations, has written or edited more than 50 books. He conducts workshops, provides consulting services, and speaks at conferences around the world. His work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Fortune magazine, and on CNN. Patricia Pulliam Phillips, Ph.D., is president and CEO of the ROI Institute, Inc., the leading source of ROI competency building, implementation support, networking, and research. She has authored or edited more than 30 books on measurement and evaluation, including ROI. She regularly conducts workshops and provides consulting services worldwide. Rebecca L. Ray, Ph.D., is senior vice president, human capital at The Conference Board and the leader of the Human Capital Practice. She was named Chief Learning Officer of the Year by Chief Learning Officer magazine.
- Author(s)Jack Phillips,Patti Phillips,Rebecca Ray
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.