All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBenjamin Meyer performs several psycho-physical experiments to measure the re-adaptation process of glared drivers in traffic scenarios. The author then develops a vel tone mapping algorithm to simulate the recurring contrast perception of the human eye by adjusting the displayed contrast. Depending on background illumination, bright light sources cause considerable perception restrictions for a glared viewer and can deter the driver from perceiving critical objects for several seconds and severely increase the risk of accidents. Based on the results of the conducted user studies, this vision impairment is integrated into a night driving simulator. The modified driving simulation provides a more realistic visualization and enables the analysis of critical traffic scenarios including short-time headlight glares. This leads to better transferability of driving simulator results and enables investigating driving behavior in the presence of glare.
- Author BiographyDr. Benjamin Meyer studied computer science from 2003 to 2008 with specialization in computer graphics. After his graduation, he worked five years as a research associate at a computer graphics lab, where this thesis was developed as a joint work with a major German car manufacturer.
- Author(s)Benjamin Meyer
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAutoUni - Schriftenreihe
- Series Part/Volume Number89
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations, 22 colour tables, biography
- Weight198 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.